Medieval Times
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics
    Poll

Here is the backstory!

4 posters

Go down

Here is the backstory! Empty Here is the backstory!

Post  AraDJudge Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:54 am

Read and start putting together your backstorys. Dont post them just yet. Just start thinking about your char. based on this backstory so you are ready when it goes up. Very Happy

"Subtle sounds of the ocean are so calming. James woke up to find himself staring at a lovely afternoon day. The sun was shining, the seagulls were cawing. A gentle warmth was creeping through his clothes.
    Then, he remembered. Suddenly his ocean-side paradise became a nightmare. It all came rushing back: the harsh grinding wood, an engine roaring into the night, the surf crashing into the side of the ship. James’ whole life had flashed before his eyes while the ship that carried him groaned and jarred underneath him.
    The details of his scenic beach that he had missed before presented themselves; wooden planks, floating in the surf; A paddlewheel blade jutting from the sand; a wad of copper cables spilling from a cracked box.
    Rubber and copper. If nothing could be said of James’ homeland, there was always an abundance of rubber and copper. The king claimed that this was an age of enlightenment. “This is an exciting age for Naravandians to live in!”
    But, the people saw this “revolution” for what it really was. It was mandatory 12-hour shifts. It was the steep taxes they saw taking food from their tables. It was the king’s tyrannical fingers grasping something he would most certainly corrupt.
    And, as the people predicted, so the king did. There were wars. All the newly created resources had to be put to use. And what better way to use them than to “spread the wealth” to every land in the world? By force, of course.
    Ibon was first. Our long-term neighbor put up a solid fight, but the Naravandian navy cut them to pieces, ensuring a solid victory. Malysand came next. The lofty air vehicles cut deep into their territory, and they submitted after the second month of bombardments. The others fell in time. Atlea, Antica, Switus…all of them.
    The people started to cook up a “revolution” of their own. Against all odds, the Naravandian rebels fought the good fight. And as expected, they failed. The Royal Army butchered them. The remaining rebels retreated, while even more deserted the cause entirely.
    Some of the rebels decided to leave Naravand. In the commandeered N.N.S. Wandering Star, the hopes and dreams of dozens of Naravandians rested on finding a new shore. A new home. James was 17 when they departed from Port Albright. And he was 17 when the ship broke beneath his feet.
    He got up, searched a few boxes for their contents and found some briny potatoes. Suddenly disgusted by the wreckage, James turned inland to find a dense jungle greeting him. A small cave was etched into the side of a ledge, drenched in vines. Pushing aside the plants, James sat inside the cave, facing the mouth.
    Then, the sound of something scraping stone. A frail, hollow rattle. It took him a second to realize it was coming from inside the cave. Turning suddenly, James saw a shady figure in the gloom of the cave. A sharp “twang” came echoed off the walls. He barely had enough time to gasp before the arrow took him in between his nose and right eye."

Very Happy Will let you know when to start posting.
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

https://medievaltimesserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Here is the backstory! Empty Re: Here is the backstory!

Post  B21man Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:39 am

Oh My God, that was beautiful! you should become a writer!!!!!! a very well constructed piece with lots of little details that you can base your character off, this was seriously amazing! me thinks im going to go and write my back story now, i have a couple of good ideas ^,^
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:19 am

Ok all done a wrote 486 =3, just tell us when to post and ill post it!
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:27 am

your crazy lol. I will, i want to see a few more people post on here and then i will move everyone over to the new world and get things rolling Very Happy
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 am

Lawl why thank you! =P, is the world ready? if it is i understand why you want more people to post before you release it on to the server.
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:15 pm

The world is ready, I edited it up and go it working all fancy like. Even built the spawn point to go with the story Very Happy

I have some ideas that are pretty interesting to for working everything as far as different people showing up and what not. Things that aren't realistic but funny. Like someone joins the server and being all like Where have you been all this time lol...... maybe that was funnier in my head Razz
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:25 pm

XD that would be pretty funny! Im amusing since the story said there was a jungle up shore that the town will be built semi in the beach and semi in the jungle? i really hope so cos in my back story i mention a jungle and i think the two building styles (jungle and beach) would be really cool!
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:50 pm

yup its all in there, I think we might be getting this semi underway tonight. I dont want to wait forever and i feel with the holidays a lot of people are going to be on here a little more sparsely. I cant really wait till after holidays to start it so we might just have to hope in as we hop in Very Happy sounds kinda lame but might just be how it is going to be. No real way around it.

With that im going to finish up my backstory right now and then you guys can start posting your back stories and we can then start moving in to this horrific beach scene Very Happy

I guess the only other person that i am really waiting for is Ryan because he pretty much wrote that whole general back story so i want him to definitely be apart of the start. Very Happy
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Lol fair enough but HURRY it must be tonight! tomorrow is Sunday and then that's its for my holidays back to school on Monday =/, have you got Ryan on skype and also should i post my back story now?
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Oh also i soooo wana play soon! ive been really bored lately with nothing to do since i knew that the server was going to be down. but we do have to wait for Ryan if he made up the back story!
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:20 pm

I talked to him and he said not to wait, im going to delete everyones register posts and we can start with the RP Backstories. You will be able to post it in a min Very Happy When you see all the other posts go away you can throw yours in Very Happy and then i will start the moving of people over to the new place.
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Done didly Done done!
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTaleofCrim Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Umm, is there a limit to the story length? Cause at the moment I have 551 and I'm not sure if you particularly wanted them to be that long xD
    TheTaleofCrim
    TheTaleofCrim

http://looseties.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:47 pm

[quote="TheTaleofCrim"]Umm, is there a limit to the story length? Cause at the moment I have 551 and I'm not sure if you particularly wanted them to be that long xD[/quote]

Nope no limit ( i think ) i would how ever try to suggest that you got on the same boat as us if you wanted to be recognized, for example i dont know who ara is and he dosnt know who i am even though our story's are intertwined but we do know that we were on the same boat therefor we are both friendly. i believe thats how this is going to work. if you dont include getting on the ship we will treat you as hostile untill we know you can be trusted etc
    any how i believe The more the merrier! for word count
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTaleofCrim Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Alright. Thanks for the tips! though the way I wrote it my character will still probably have to gain your trust :)
    TheTaleofCrim
    TheTaleofCrim

http://looseties.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:08 pm

XD shouldn't be too hard we are both trusting guys =P
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:45 am

You can make it as long as you want. The more you add the more we can work with Very Happy
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  megadonkey30 Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:41 am

Hey I am interested in joining the server, is it still active? i only ask because the last post s are from last month or so...

megadonkey30

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:15 am

Yes it is still most definitely active. It has been a little dry for the last month because one person had a kid, an others computer died and coming into the holidays a lot of people haven't been getting on super often.

We are also a little spread out so we all kinda seem to get on at different times and still being small we seem to miss each other a lot. Me and WestyPesty try and get on as much as we can though so... ya.

Not trying to discourage you from joining but just letting you know so you don't take all the time to make a story and find that not a lot of people are on right now. I definitely want to get the server bigger though so you joining makes it one closer to having people on all the time Very Happy.

Let me know what you think or just post your story like everyone else did and i can get you whitelisted. Very Happy
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down