Medieval Times
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics
    Poll

What would everyone think about restarting the server?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should we do this to the server world?

What would everyone think about restarting the server? Empty100%What would everyone think about restarting the server? Empty 100% 
    [ 5 ]
    What would everyone think about restarting the server? Empty0%What would everyone think about restarting the server? Empty 0% 
    [ 0 ]
    What would everyone think about restarting the server? Empty0%What would everyone think about restarting the server? Empty 0% 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

What would everyone think about restarting the server? Empty What would everyone think about restarting the server?

Post  AraDJudge Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:27 pm

By restart i mean literally restart the map. So that everything is reset and we can start building towns over again. NOW! with that being said i think would edit can be used to save some constructions and move them into the other world. As I think there are some things that have taken so much time they do not want to be lost.

Reason for this is to fix a lot of permission issues.. as i feel this would fix those problems. Also i would allow most of us to start on a fresh scale with the new rules. Also as i would like to add RP into the server on a huge scale this would allow everyone to develop a story and put that in the game and play according to those characters. Very Happy
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

https://medievaltimesserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What would everyone think about restarting the server? Empty Re: What would everyone think about restarting the server?

Post  TheTaleofCrim Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:55 pm

I do think that Rping would create a much more tightly knit community. I've never really enjoyed Rping much mostly due to being forced into it with more experienced Rpers so if everyone agrees to go restart the server then please make sure to tell me if I make any mistakes or overstep bounds that I'm not aware of.

Besides that it sounds like a really cool idea. I think I'll get started on my character's background as well xD
    TheTaleofCrim
    TheTaleofCrim

http://looseties.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

What would everyone think about restarting the server? Empty Re: What would everyone think about restarting the server?

Post  Ryanhis Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:30 pm

And if we are going for a more RP server, than I would suggest a heavier application proccess. Perhaps make the character's backstory one of the questions on the application.

Ryanhis

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:53 pm

That would be a very good idea, that way people are prepared for what is to come. I will have to erase everyones new register posts and when you new registers come in as well as all of us. We can post there our story's. Very Happy

How does that sound?
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:18 am

Now then this is a bold suggestion on my half but, could i still have my own town? i like having my own town! and this could give two towns such as say: humans and elf's, etc etc. we could also have battle between the two towns? im a very experienced pvper and actually my skill set is more pvp than builder so i would like this idea, also are we keeping all of our money because i would like to keep my money? p.s i was actually just about to go away from my castle and start again xD, also maybe for applications make them write a certain amount of words? this might discourage griefers and reveal the people who actually want to get on the server.
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryanhis Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:37 pm

I think as far as towns go, we should try and keep them to a minimum for now :/ at least, until we have a bit more of a server population. 5 to 6 active players is barely enough for a single town :c

It would just dillute the quality of said towns, to the point where they aren't even really "towns", only a group of two or three houses maximum.

As far as word counts are concerned, i think leaving it undefined helps to seperate out the legit players from people who aren't actually looking for a roleplay server. Most people who actually RP would come up with a halfway decent backstory for their character.

Ryanhis

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:08 am

I agree having less towns would be better as it would help promote the economy really well. If you went out on your own too you would just have a really hard time trying to do everything you wanted because of how far you would have to travel to shop for things sold in town.

Agreed on the word count. I think making it a sertain amount might presser people to do more and then that would make there stories sound weird because it is forced, not just what they want to put down for a backstory.
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:13 am

I dont think so on the own town as we should keep the towns to a minimum especially with the amount of players that we have. ALSO No i don't think you should be able to keep your money because we are going to restart the server. Everyone has to start on a even scale and start with more or less the same place.

As far as different races i think we should just keep it human... what do you guys think about that?
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:20 am

Fair enough, what about positioning of the town? are you jut going to have it where we spawn or are you going to find a nice bit of plains next to the sea and then simply set the spawn there? I and many other people really hate snow biomes so no matter what please please PLEASE don't set it in a snow biome, other than that it could be in a swamp for all i care Wink. also you didn't answer about the money thing? i don't really mind tbh but i would like to know. and another issue i thought about was mining? if were all in a town together then we are all surely to run out of resources underneath the town, and then that means that people would have to walk really far not to interrupt with peoples buildings, are you going to solve this by having a different mining world like you wanted to previously? that is about all i care about xD p.s good job banning those items from ee2. woops you just literally answered about the money xD.
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTaleofCrim Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 pm

All humans? Well I guess that would make for more similarities between characters but I'm not too sure. I think it's good to have diverse characters, although having really obscure races would create confusion for some (including me xD). What if we stuck to more humanoid races? But it's totally your call since you would have to say were the line was for considering a race humanoid, so I guess everyone being a human would be the easiest choice.
    TheTaleofCrim
    TheTaleofCrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryanhis Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:58 pm

And let's point out that there's a fine line between a medieval theme and a fantasy theme Razz

We might have to venture out a bit for mining, but once the economy gets going, you could simply contract it out.

Ryanhis

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Let's point out to that to have diverse characters in the server we would atleast have to introduce some mythical humanoid based characters in the server, and if it crosses the line of fantasy does it really matter? all we will have is a medieval slightly fantasy sever, which if we are adding that magic spells plugin we will have any way.

i agree with crim completely i think that there should be at least a couple of different races you can choose from all it is is a back story, and if some one says "IM A DRAGON" we can just let them down gently and give them a list of suitable roles. basically i believe in the new comers application they say what they want to be, a bit of back story, a bit about them self tekkit and irl and if the charachter/backstory is too fantasy for aras liking then he can tell them to create a more humanoid character, or a more believable back story. how ever im kind of sad about this rule of mine cos i really wanted to be a unicorn! but i suppose ill always be a unicorn in my heart tongue

other than that when is this happening because i am quite excited to start a new bank (if ara lets me) called 'BRYNGOTTS' , hehehe harry potter references, p.s i would actually call it that and model it some what of mt image that i gathered from the book =P

p.p.s its like midnight here so excuse me for horrendous grammar etc i'm sooooooooooo sleepy! but i just wana surf the interwebs!!!!

Last edited by B21man on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I HAZ BAD GRAMMARZ)
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:22 pm

B21man wrote:Fair enough, what about positioning of the town? are you jut going to have it where we spawn or are you going to find a nice bit of plains next to the sea and then simply set the spawn there? I and many other people really hate snow biomes so no matter what please please PLEASE don't set it in a snow biome, other than that it could be in a swamp for all i care Wink. also you didn't answer about the money thing? i don't really mind tbh but i would like to know. and another issue i thought about was mining? if were all in a town together then we are all surely to run out of resources underneath the town, and then that means that people would have to walk really far not to interrupt with peoples buildings, are you going to solve this by having a different mining world like you wanted to previously? that is about all i care about xD p.s good job banning those items from ee2. woops you just literally answered about the money xD.

Yes I will find a really nice place. Atleast relative, not this forever and never ending freakin snow biome lol.

As far as mining goes I don't really care how fast things go and were we mine. This are the difficulties of an econamy. There is a reason why miner will be a job. Those people will make there money travaling far and wide to get the things that we need in town to build and thrive. Helps the plot thicken Very Happy.
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:28 pm

TheTaleofCrim wrote:All humans? Well I guess that would make for more similarities between characters but I'm not too sure. I think it's good to have diverse characters, although having really obscure races would create confusion for some (including me xD). What if we stuck to more humanoid races? But it's totally your call since you would have to say were the line was for considering a race humanoid, so I guess everyone being a human would be the easiest choice.

When I wanted to build a RP sever my thought wasn't to really have elfs and dwarfs and space goats. (See what I did there.. Huh huh) i mean I guess you could be a midget if you wanted but that is still human. I wanted to stick to human so that things are simple. I'm not trying to over complicate things to much Smile.

Sorry to rant all about this only on your post I'm on my iPhone so it's a little more difficult to post. So I'm doing one at a time but covering all the issues Smile
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Ryanhis wrote:And let's point out that there's a fine line between a medieval theme and a fantasy theme Razz

We might have to venture out a bit for mining, but once the economy gets going, you could simply contract it out.

Agree and agree!

As much as I want to do this totally crazy dragons and elfs and magic and spells, that would just be WAY out of minecraft and a lot more complicated then I think I could handle right now Smile
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:39 pm

B21man wrote:Let's point out to that to have diverse characters in the server we would atleast have to introduce some mythical humanoid based characters in the server, and if it crosses the line of fantasy does it really matter? all we will have is a medieval slightly fantasy sever, which if we are adding that magic spells plugin we will have any way.

i agree with crim completely i think that there should be at least a couple of different races you can choose from all it is is a back story, and if some one says "IM A DRAGON" we can just let them down gently and give them a list of suitable roles. basically i believe in the new comers application they say what they want to be, a bit of back story, a bit about them self tekkit and irl and if the charachter/backstory is too fantasy for aras liking then he can tell them to create a more humanoid character, or a more believable back story. how ever im kind of sad about this rule of mine cos i really wanted to be a unicorn! but i suppose ill always be a unicorn in my heart tongue

other than that when is this happening because i am quite excited to start a new bank (if ara lets me) called 'BRYNGOTTS' , hehehe harry potter references, p.s i would actually call it that and model it some what of mt image that i gathered from the book =P

p.p.s its like midnight here so excuse me for horrendous grammar etc i'm sooooooooooo sleepy! but i just wana surf the interwebs!!!!

I don't want to add many races to the backstory because of complexity. I want to keep things pretty simple.

Magic spells will not be added. I wanted to do that a long time ago and the particular plugin used was lame, also I think it would cause more problems then helping.

Again Fantasy wasn't really my goal. Just Medieval themed, yes yes I know machines didnt exist back then. I'm not trying to make it a 100% true to history. I want to be that time and age, in a tekkit parallel univers Smile if I may.

Should be coming super soon. Just needed to do a little backstory work and then decide how I'm going to make this other world. The. We will get this ball rolling Very Happy
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:44 pm

I just watched my email count got from 0 to 3 =P(i wasn't staring at i my email i just get a text on my phone to tell me i have a email xD)
    In the end how ever many ideas we all have, you own the server and its completely up to you, don't do fantasy if you don't want to, instead of a unicorn ill simply be a horse with a cone stuck on my head who in a freak accident became a human, jk.

Thank god magic spells wont be added! i hate that plugin xD its so glitchy!

And YEAH i cant wait! will we have walls around the town? i have no idea why i want to know but i do!
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTaleofCrim Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:51 pm

AraDJudge wrote:When I wanted to build a RP sever my thought wasn't to really have elfs and dwarfs and space goats. (See what I did there.. Huh huh) i mean I guess you could be a midget if you wanted but that is still human. I wanted to stick to human so that things are simple. I'm not trying to over complicate things to much :).

Lol. I'm already almost a midget in real life. XD Alright, human it is then.

(p.s. In the Middle Ages there were many myths and stories that were essential to their culture and beliefs so it wouldn't feel that out of place. Or at least that's how I felt.)

Last edited by TheTaleofCrim on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheTaleofCrim
    TheTaleofCrim

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTaleofCrim Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Yeah, magic spell plugins tend to be overpowered or glitchy. Technically we already have magic with EE. xp
    TheTaleofCrim
    TheTaleofCrim

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:18 pm

[quote="TheTaleofCrim"]
    (p.s. In the Middle Ages there were many myths and stories that were essential to their culture and beliefs so it wouldn't feel that out of place. Or at least that's how I felt.)[/quote]

i agree with crim, i Love mythology (mostly Greek but i dibble dabble in other countries as well) and mythology was a big part of the middle ages. but i can see why you would restrict to only humans for now! would a bank be possible in Economy? because ive been designing one and i think i can make quite a cool one, or do you want the bank for ops only to run?
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTaleofCrim Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:22 pm

B21man wrote:i agree with crim, i Love mythology (mostly Greek but i dibble dabble in other countries as well) and mythology was a big part of the middle ages. but i can see why you would restrict to only humans for now!

Yeah! I was thinking of being a nymph or something xD so I'll keep that idea tucked away for the future.
    TheTaleofCrim
    TheTaleofCrim

Back to top Go down

Post  B21man Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:54 pm

[quote="TheTaleofCrim"]
    Yeah! I was thinking of being a nymph or something xD so I'll keep that idea tucked away for the future.[/quote]

Lawl, just steal my idea and be a nymph that sneakily transformed into a human!
    B21man
    B21man

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTaleofCrim Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:58 pm

>xD Nah, I'll keep it clean from anything mythical/magical. But I don't really want to finalize any of my character's story till the back-story of the world is posted.
    TheTaleofCrim
    TheTaleofCrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryanhis Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Lol, so, when might we expect to see these changes? It's been a while since these discussions started Razz If you want some help, I'd be happy to contribute something.

Ryanhis

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:08 am

Ya no magic spell, that plugin is super glitchy and i want the server to be easy to manage.

The Bank would be possible and you could run it but with essentials installed i think when you place a sign it keeps others from using it. When it involves the bank plugin. The chest shop still works though.. i don't know what exactly makes the difference.

The Backstory should be done soon, i wasn't going to make it to long. I wanted to work on the world a little to before i threw everyone into it. Like say throwing a boat we landed in on the server to give it a little bit of a real touch. Very Happy All and all everything should be going down soon. Very Happy
    AraDJudge
    AraDJudge
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next