Medieval Times
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

a few plugins i suggest

4 posters

Go down

a few plugins i suggest Empty a few plugins i suggest

Post  kalose Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:42 am

Essentials = for extra admin control and other useful commands to help you and the players out. the one i think that would be of use is being able to change the spawn point for the server so people don't start in that damn big ass giant snow biome >=/.

Safecreeper = to stop those damn creepers blowing up a hole in all our building =/...damn things..

Mcmmo= to add a skill system into the server, so doing boring,monotonous tasks give a worthwhile time in doing them.

lockette= a way to lock our chests so others cannot steal from them. this can be limited to a number of chests per player.

towny= a plugin that lets people create towns for a safe place to build so could replace safecreeper. each person in a town lets the town itself claim 8 plots for the town that are set to 12x12 or 16x16 squares of land. it also lets the mayor of the town sell plots (16x16) or give others rights to build on them.

Factions= if this server is pvp, i haven't seen much of it, but if it is factions is a must have. like Towny a faction can claim a certain amount of land but unlike Towny if a member of the faction is killed the faction loses power. if their power drops below the amount of land owned other factions can claim their land (giving a reason to stay alive)

kalose

Back to top Go down

a few plugins i suggest Empty Re: a few plugins i suggest

Post  AraDJudge Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 am

I will defanitly look into all of these and see if i can get them kicking. I want the server to have a pvp aspect to it as well as kind of a trade and commerce kind of style to it as well. Is there a way in factions to limit the number of players per faction?
AraDJudge
AraDJudge
Admin

https://medievaltimesserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kalose Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 pm

unfortunately i dont think there is no, towny is the same.but towny can also have a pvp style to it so they both pretty much offer the same thing =)

kalose

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:42 am

kalose wrote:unfortunately i dont think there is no, towny is the same.but towny can also have a pvp style to it so they both pretty much offer the same thing =)

I did a little research and i went with towny because you can do so much more with it. It also allows for a really strong economy and a way of making people pay rent for owning whole chunks. This will be awesome for starting the separate cites as well as building some nations maybe later down the road and have some epic battles between us. Very Happy

Factions seemed like the only purpose for it was just to divide people up and fight that way.. which i would rather have all the money aspects of towny in there.... its late and I'm tired so if my posts are all blah blah blah, i am sorry lol Very Happy
AraDJudge
AraDJudge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronan75 Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:45 am

Instead of LWC you can look at GriefPrevention. Easier to set up protection on your land. You can use if for smaller out posts. Unless you want everyone to have to join a town to be protected.

Ronan75

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:59 pm

LWC?

I wouldn't say that i think that they have to join a town, but i like the idea of the wilderness being wild! We will see though. What do you think about that? Protections being only in towns?
AraDJudge
AraDJudge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronan75 Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:42 am

LWC is a very common one for locking chests. I think you need some kind of protections though, even if it's just for admins. Just running around the server today I found quite a few open chests I could have looted. The wrong person joins and they can create some harm. Grief prevention also protects admin areas. Like the whole train system. Easy for someone to come in and mess it up.

Ronan75

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:36 am

I will have to look into that mod for sure as i have had a couple people mention that as well. Also i would not like to see peoples stuff get stollen. Protection should be top priority as well.
AraDJudge
AraDJudge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronan75 Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 am

You might want to install Hawkeye also. It is a log of what everyone does. So if someone says someone stole something, you can look in the logs and see who did it.

Ronan75

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:30 pm

OMG! I looked at GreifProtection and pretty much fell in <3. Me and other admin right now are going over it and deciding how we are going to set it up. I absolutely love the idea of this mod and it makes everything so simple. The fact that you can set up ways to sell stuff and siege makes me want to get rid of towny and just use this instead. We will see though, more posts coming soon. Very Happy
AraDJudge
AraDJudge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronan75 Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Yeah it's just so much easier to manage.

Ronan75

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTaleofCrim Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Hello! I have a suggested plugin: Death chests

Just this morning i was off having an amazing mine and died next to some lava and flowing water, you can assume what happened to most of my stuff :(

I know that the better amour in tekkit makes you practically invincible but without the use of collectors and other EE items it'll take quite a while to obtain them so I thought it would be nice to have some added protection for really expensive items and valuables.
TheTaleofCrim
TheTaleofCrim

http://looseties.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AraDJudge Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:04 pm

I am going to make a Polls section and i am going to poll this one with a preface. I don't to sound to harsh, but i don't think that works out to well... i almost don't like the teleporting because it takes from the games RP aspect. How does that work.. and how is it explained, ya know.

Let me know what you think and i will poll peoples ideas on what they think Very Happy
AraDJudge
AraDJudge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum